Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Monday, August 7, 2017

Cauliflower Tots!

I have been using cauliflower in everything recently, from fried rice to nuggets, and when I saw a recipe to make them in the form of "tots", I knew I had to try them!

The most important step here is to wring excess water out of the cauliflower once you've put the florets through the food processor. You'll be surprised at how much water comes out, and it's crucial to NOT skip this step - the key to crispy tots is dry cauliflower! I advise using a thin kitchen towel versus paper towels which easily come apart.

In addition to cauliflower, the only other ingredients are cornmeal, egg, shredded sharp cheddar cheese and a handful of spices. Easy peasy!

I recommend two simple dipping sauces. The first one, I just mixed ketchup and mayo together with a touch of sour cream. The second one, I added some sriracha and soy sauce to ketchup. Both delicious!

This is an easy and delicious recipe to make, particularly if you have kids. I am a big fan of "hiding" vegetables in food, and this is a good way to do it.

Recipe link here!





No comments:

Post a Comment