Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Monday, September 18, 2017

Chicken Corn Chowder!

I found an awesome recipe for chicken & corn chowder on Pinterest, using the crockpot, and I made it my mission to make it for Sunday night supper, where I invited two good friends over. This recipe was a bit more labor intensive than others, as I cooked the chicken breasts first in the crockpot with white wine for 5 hours on low, before shredded and setting it aside. Then I prepared the rest of the chowder, chicken broth, seasonings, canned corn, heavy cream, diced potatoes for 3 hours on high, before adding back in the chicken and some shredded cheddar cheese.

To accompany the chowder, I put a bowl of bacon and cheddar cheese on the table. I don't normally eat bacon, but the cripsy bacon tasted delicious with the rich chowder broth.

My friends brought over plenty of good wine and a beautiful fruit tart, which perfectly complemented the chowder.

This was definitely a winner, and I would make it again! I also brought out my fall decorations since we are now in mid September, and I feel like chowder is an autumn type dish anyway!









No comments:

Post a Comment